SJAWeekly News Board
Dear SJA Family,
I hope everyone is enjoying summer so far! We are busy in the school office getting prepared for next school year. Here are some important updates:
• Summer reading and school supply lists for grades K-8 are now posted on our school website. Click here.
• Preschool parents will receive an individual email, with supply lists, next week.
• Be on the look-out, final grade cards and MAP test score reports were mailed this week. We are so proud of the growth our students made this school year!!
• There are two significant changes from the original tentative calendar. Meet the Teacher is moved to Sunday, August 12th (see below). The last day of school has been moved to Thursday, May 30th (this will be a full day).
• Meet the Teacher has moved to Sunday, August 12th!! Join us for a fun afternoon!
o 11:30 Mass - Blessing of the student's backpacks
o 12:30-2:30 - Drop off your supplies and meet your teacher
o 12:30-3:00 - Enjoy a selection of food trucks, games, face painting, chalk drawing, t-shirt decorating, and more to show
your SJA spirit and celebrate the beginning of the school year. More info to follow!
• This summer we have invited our local fire and police departments to tour our school and provide suggestions for additional school safety. Stay tuned for updates!
• We are partnering with the Be Kind First Foundation to launch our year-long kindness program. We will kick-off each month with a kindness day that focuses on a specific trait for a month. We are looking for parent volunteers, in grades K-5, to teach our monthly lessons; all lesson plans and materials will be provided for you. If you are interested and able to consistently volunteer as a guest teacher on the following dates, please contact me at JGuzman@school.joanofarc.org.
- August 21
- September 4
- October 2
- November 6
- December 4
- January 8
- February 5
- March 5
- April 2
- May 7
• ATTENTION: NO ADDITIONAL COST! Be Kind First T-shirt order for all students in Preschool- 8th grade!! Please click here to complete your child’s t-shirt order. Deadline to order is June 28th!
o Our special kindness t-shirts will be worn once a month on our kindness day! When choosing a size, please keep in mind how much kiddos can grow over the 9 month school year, as these shirts will only be ordered once each year. Cost for the t-shirt was included in your class fee; there is no additional charge.
o This form is set up for multiple children, please fill in the information for each child and then click "next" all the way through until you can submit!
• Faculty Update:
o Mrs. Vankoughnet has decided to take on new adventures. We wish her all the best!
o Mrs. Leonard is on the move! We wish her safe travels and blessings as she and her husband move to Michigan.
o We wish Mrs. Bombrys a happy retirement! But don’t be surprised to see her substituting next school year.
o We are excited to announce that Mrs. Bri Staffan will be moving into a full-time teaching role in PSB and Mrs. Jodi Spade will be the new aide for PSB!
o We are also excited to share, Ms. Shoupra Shikwana will be our new 7/8 Language Arts teacher. Ms. Shikwana is an SJA parishioner and a recent graduate from BGSU.
o We are continuing to interview for 2nd grade, 5/6 ELA, and 5/6 Math & technology. More updates soon!
Wonderful things are on the horizon!!
Mary, Queen of families…pray for us!
Check out the sjaweekly news board below.
7th Grade Immunization Form
Anthony Wayne Vollleyball Camps
Timbers Summer Bowling Program
History Day Camp
Reel Fit Kids Summer Camps
St. Francis de Sales Summer Camps
St. Francis de Sales Summer Basketball League
St. John's Summer Camps